QC Line InspectorJuly 21, 2020
Document Control ClerkAugust 4, 2020
POSITION: Shipping/Receiving Supervisor
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time
SHIFT(S): Day Shift
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing & Operations Leader
We are an electronic manufacturing and design services company providing circuit design, PCB layout, bare board manufacturing, PCB assembly testing and box build for your proto-type and low-to-mid volume productions. Microart Services Inc. is an ISO9001, ISO13485 & AS9100 registered corporation servicing markets worldwide. Our continued commitment to servicing the prototype to mid-volume clientele has awarded us with strong, stable growth over 35 successful years and many valued long-term partnerships.
The focus of this role will be to provide leadership for the shipping and receiving personnel in performing related work, such as a variety of shipping and receiving tasks (verification of incoming materials, directing incoming items to appropriate departments and locations). You will ensure materials and supplies are properly tracked, and work with customer service and other departments to fulfill our customers’ expectations. You will prepare items for shipment and strive for cost-effective courier services. Job duties will also include enforcing safety policies, product quality, and efficient procedures. Excellent communication skills, leadership, and organizational skills are required.
- Provide first-level supervision of the Shipping/Receiving personnel (for example, daily tasks, coaching, performance reviews, etc.)
- Ensure day-to-day quality of all products, processes, and data in the Shipping/Receiving area.
- Prepare shipping packaging method; determine the most economical and efficient shipping method; select appropriate shipping container; pack items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepare necessary shipping documents; check items to be shipped against work orders to ensure that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receive and unload incoming materials and compare information on packing slips to purchase orders, in order to verify accuracy of shipments. May process return shipments (RMA’s) from customers if required.
- Sort, count, package, label, prepare insurance, unpack, and/or log inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages, and notify purchasing department.
- Deliver items to requisitioning department as required.
- Trace lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiate proof of delivery documents.
- Maintain the department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may occasionally operate shrink-wrap machine;
- Establish or follow up departmental policies, procedures, and objectives; continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental & control standards.
- Participate in all team-level quality improvement initiatives, as directed by the Manufacturing & Operations Leader, and presentation of related data as required.
- Initiate continuous improvements as they relate to cost reductions, reduced cycle time, and improved process quality.
- Occasional extended hours and weekends may be necessary.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 – 5 years in a similar role
- Detail oriented, quality conscious, well organized, and reliable
- Ability to understand and communicate in written and spoken English is essential
- Enthusiasm and ability to work well independently
- A positive team attitude
- Flexibility to work shifts according to business needs
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume and cover letter with subject line “Shipping/Receiving Supervisor” to firstname.lastname@example.org